- About RIHEF
- Hospitality Training Academy Classes
- RI Food Management Training
- Alcohol Server Training
- ServSafe Food Safety Training
- ServSafe Online Classes
- Food Safety Training FAQ
- Chairman's Message
- Board of Directors
- Contribute to RIHEF
- Training Academy News
- Stephen P. Marra Memorial Scholarship
Manager, Workforce Development
401-223-1120, ext. 1110
RI FOOD MANAGEMENT TRAINING
RI Hospitality Association Announces
RI Food Management Training Program
The RI food Management Training Program is a management development program that equips employees with the key competencies they need to advance their management careers in our demanding industry. It will provide professional development, support, resources and knowledge for career advancement for candidates currently working within the Hospitality Industry.
Who can or should apply?
Anyone currently working in the Hospitality Industry in the state of Rhode Island, who is looking to advance their career within the industry, is encouraged to apply.
- 10 week program
- Twice a week: 8am-4pm; Two sessions to choose from per course.
- Weekly projects completed on the job.
How much will it cost?
To participate in all five (5) classes to earn your MFP Credential: $549
To take an individual class: Member Price $149 per class/Non Member Price $199 per class
This program, valued at $4,500, is provided by funding from Real Jobs RI.
All candidates need to complete an application and interview for the program. To apply or for more information please contact:
Nichole Jorel, Manager, Workforce Development
(401) 223-1120 ext. 111
Students/Employees will have the opportunity to earn the following industry certifications:
- Hospitality and Restaurant Management Certification
- Hospitality Human Resources Management and Supervision Certification
- Controlling Foodservice Costs Certification
- ServSafe® Essentials Food Safety Managers Certification
Professional (MFP) Credentialwill be awarded to those who successfully pass the four (4) core classes listed above, one (1) elective and 800 hours of industry work experience.
- Hospitality Accounting
- Customer Service
- Principles of Food and Beverage Management
- Bar and Beverage Management
- Hospitality and Restaurant Marketing
**Elective offering will be chosen by RI Hospitality. Only one elective will be offered per session
This project was funded in whole or in part by funds received through the Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training and the US Department of Labor